Being able to see your pages as a PDF or in print can be useful in the proofing process as well as give you a clear vision of your final project. Use the Share & PDF feature built into Pictavo to share pages with team members or school staff to assist with proofing.
The Share & PDF icon can be found in the bar across the top of the ladder.
It can also be found in the toolbar across the top of the page design area.
Once selected, the Share window will open.
Choose which items you would like to share, as well as the resolution quality.
NOTE: To share a practice design, go to the design space for the specific practice page or cover that will be shared and click the Share & Print icon at the top right.
• To view the general layout and design of pages or to check that names and faces are matched up, a low resolution PDF should work just fine—the and files also generate quicker than a high resolution PDF.
• High resolution PDFs are useful when it’s necessary to see the quality or detail of an image.
Pictavo also offers the option of adding page descriptions to the PDF or creating a PDF of only page descriptions.
After clicking Next, on the following screen, choose to save to your device (from which you can then print) or send the PDF(s) via email.
SAVE TO YOUR DEVICE
Choosing Save to your device will generate PDFs to download and save to the computer or tablet you are currently working on.
Before generating a PDF, the following message will appear. You may continue working while this task runs in the background.
While the file is generating, this icon will appear in the top right showing that Pictavo is working on your PDFs.
NOTE: Since a high resolution PDF is of higher quality, it takes a bit longer to generate. Additionally, the more pages selected the longer it will take, but Pictavo will continue generating the PDFs even if you log out or close the browser.
Opening the PDF Download menu before the files are ready will result in the following message.
Once completed, the icon in the top right will turn to the PDF button indicating you have a PDF to download. Click this icon and choose PDF Downloads from the menu.
Choose the PDF to download.
Note: PDFs will remain in your download center to retrieve at your convenience for approximately one week before they are removed automatically.
After downloading a PDF, click the filename in the bottom left corner to open.
Note: The file can be printed after it has been downloaded.
EMAIL AN ONLINE LINK TO YOUR PDF
This option sends a link to a PDF to the recipient of your choice and is recommended when sharing a large range of pages, such as the entire book, or high resolution PDFs.
EMAIL YOUR PDF AS AN ATTACHMENT
This option sends a PDF file attached to an email.
In order to send the email, you will need to enter the contact’s email address following the steps outlined below.
- Click the Add button next to the Email Address field.
- Type the recipient’s email address in the field and click Add.
- Select the recipient and click OK. New contacts will be selected automatically. Contact’s email addresses will be retained and can be selected whenever you’d like to share pages via email.
- You have the option of including a personalized message so the person receiving the email understands where the files came from and if they are required to do something (proof, approve, etc.). We suggest requesting that the task be finished by a certain date to keep your project on track!
- Once you have finished your message, click Send and Pictavo will let you know it is generating your message. Click OK to dismiss it.
- Below is an example of the message that is sent. If the recipient replies, it will be sent to the email you used when logging into Pictavo.